13/04/02 Cons Cup v Huncoat

The Tigers took on Huncoat Utd. in the consolation cup and ran out worthy 4 nil winners. The first goal came from Piers Morris whose header from a Sam Barrett corner was met perfectly to put the away side in the lead. The Tigers continued to have most of the play but could not find a way through the home defence until a short corner again taken by Sam Barrett found  referees man of the match Andrew Bower who took it past one defender before scoring from the edge of the box with a shot that the keeper could not hold onto. So the Tigers started the second half 2 nil up and were playing some lovely football and should have gone three up when Sam Barrett was brought down in the box, but unfortunately Jordan Dunn shot wide. Second half sub Joe Birtwell was starting to cause some trouble down the left flank and from his superb run and cross the Tigers went three up as leading scorer Sam Barrett slid in at the far post. Ben Birch came on for the tiring Piers Morris and almost immediately added to the total but his shot on the turn went just over the bar. With most of the play now in the Huncoat half away keeper Joe Roscow did not have much to do but with five minutes to go he pulled off a brilliant one handed save at the foot of the post to keep a clean sheet. The fourth and last goal was not long in arriving when a sweeping move started by Jason Thompson was moved on to Andrew Bower his pass found Jordan Dunn and the willing Sam Barrett squared the ball across where the incoming Joe Birtwell finished with a fine shot that left the keeper no chance. A great all round team performance.

23/03/02 Cup v Ossy Jun.

The Tigers took on Ossy Juniors in an exiting League cup Quarter final at Memorial Park. Kicking up the slope in the first half Harwood were rarely troubled and restricted the visitors to a couple of chances and looked capable of finishing the half on level terms. But with five minutes to go to the break Ossy took the lead when a well placed shot found the corner of the Tiger's net. The home side finished the half strongly and almost snatched the equaliser but Sam Barretts shot was saved by the keeper. The second half began with Ossi taking the game to Harwood and it required some good defensive work by Ben Birch, Jason Thompson and keeper Joe Roscow to keep the Tigers in it. Although having more of the game it seemed the Tigers would never score with the Ossy keeper first denying Jordan Dunn whose superb turn and shot deserved a goal and then a joe Birtwell effort followed by a Piers Morris goal bound shot being scrambled away. With time running out the ball was played out to Luke Kimberley who found Joe Birtwell in space on the left, his pass to Sam Barrett was moved on to Andrew Bower and a fine shot which the keeper could only get his finger tips to finished in the roof of the net. There were only two minutes left and the final whistle meant the match went into extra time. Ossy again kicked downhill and were pressing for the lead, but two fantastic saves by Joe Roscow kept the Tigers level. The pressure and a bit of tiredness led to Ossy taking the lead again just before half time but the Tigers were still confident. The second period of extra time saw the game swing from end to end and one spell of Harwood pressure saw an obvious penalty for hand ball ignored by the otherwise competent referee. The Tigers gave their all but could not force another equaliser and went down 2-1 in a match neither side deserved to lose.

02/03/02 v Fulledge Colts

The Tigers were facing a Fulledge side looking for the first of two wins that would see them finish runners up in League one. So kicking down hill in the first half the tigers just about held their own and finished the half at nil nil.  The anticipated onslaught was not long in coming as Fulledge kept the tigers on the back foot but the defence with keeper Joe Roscow in inspired form kept out the away side. Luke Kimberley was brought on to add some weight  and to give the tiring Jordan Dunn a brief rest. Then halfway through the half the tigers scored when Andrew Bower sent in the refreshed Jordan Dunn whose shot looked in all the way but was somehow beaten out by the keeper, and with the ball loose in the six yard box two Fulledge defenders attempted to clear but Luke Kimberley used his strength and scored an excellent goal poachers goal. It was backs to the wall for the remainder of the half and with just three minutes left keeper Roscow saved what looked like a goal with a save that made sure the tigers held on and earned him Man of Match. The victory might well have cost the dejected Fulledge their runners up chance.

27/01/02 v Rishton Utd

Following a bye in the first round of the league cup the Tigers faced lowly Rishton and stormed through to the quarter finals with an emphatic Twelve nil win. The rout was started in the third minute when referees man of the match Andrew Bower took a pass from Sam Barrett before slotting in the corner. Further goals from Jason Thompson, Ben Birch, Jordan Dunn, Luke Kimberley, Piers Morris and Sam Barrett took the score to seven nil by half time. The Tigers began the second half as they finished the first with Piers Morris getting his second with Luke Kimberley and Sam Barrett completing hat tricks. A unique feature of the match was that every outfield player scored. The Tigers had completely dominated the match with some superb football and never let the pace drop and can now look forward to a quarter final tie against Ossy Juniors.

20/01/02 v Borrowdale Utd

The Tigers enjoyed an easy victory against bottom of the table Borrowdale running out Four nil winners. The first goal came on five minutes following good work by Jordan Dunn who played the ball in from the dead ball line for Piers Morris to make no mistake. Sam Barret made it two with a shot that the home keeper could do nothing about and a fine solo effort from Andrew Bower made the game safe and left the Tigers three nil up at the break. The Tigers keeper had not touched the ball in the first half and had to be subbed at halftime with Ben Birch doing an excellent job in an emergency the Tigers continued to press but with the home keeper in inspired form it took until five minutes from time for the improving Luke Kimberley to find the net with a superb shot from twenty yards that sealed a comfortable win.