Memorial Tournament 2011
June 11th 2011 - Lyndon House Playing Fields
The Weather Gods smiled once more on Harwood Rovers and all of our friends
who attended the annual Dave Smith memorial Tournament. .
More than 60 teams, consisting of 600 players, were amongst the 1500 or so
people who “basked” in the best weather Great Harwood can offer … around 15
degrees, but miraculously no rain!!!!
A huge team of volunteers put in a 12 hour shift, including 30 plus from the
Club, 12 referees, and a team of half a dozen from St John Ambulance, to
deliver a tournament that was widely acknowledged as a great success.
Our local Councillors - Ciaran Wells, Peter Clarke, Gareth Molineux and Ian
Robinson were joined by council leader Miles Parkinson and our MP Graham
Jones to hand out prizes to everyone of the 200 under sevens and eights who
took part and the runners up and winners below.
– Rossy Valley Stags, Wasps and Tigers, Cadley Reds, Globe Bullough Park
Saturday and Sunday, Darwen Rangers Blue and Red, Fenny & Pleasington and
– Rossy Valley Tigers and Pumas, Pendle Forest Black and Green, Harwood
Rovers Saturday and Sunday, Brandlesholme Warriors Reds, Globe Bullough
Park, Fenny & Pleasington and Barrowford Celtic .
· Under 9s: Birkdale United / Rossendale Valley Tigers
· Under 10s: Briercliffe Rovers / Pendle Forest
· Under 11s: Feniscowles & Pleasington JFC / Rossendale Valley Wasps
· Under 13s: Burnley Belvedere Black / Langho Juniors Blue
· Under 13s GIRLS: Lammack / Pendle Forest
· Under 15s GIRLS: Mill Hill Girls A / GHR Green