v Spinning Jenny

The senior team managed to hang onto their unbeaten run with a two all draw against the Spinning Jenny, Man of the Match David Anwar opened the scoring with a header from a Kevin Thompson freekick. Spinning Jenny equalised then just before half time Philip Rushton put Harwood 2 - 1 up. In the second half Spinning Jenny made it 2-2 but neither side could break the deadlock.

v the Brewers (Cup)

It was thirteen weeks since the last league game and Harwood from the second division took on The Brewers from the first in the first round of the Cup. In the first twenty minutes Harwood were under intense pressure as the first division outfit dominated possession and had corner after corner, the stand in keeper Philip Rushton kept everything that was fired at him out, Elliot Hall cleared off the line on two occasions in the first few frantic moments of the game. The second part of the of the first half saw Harwood get into the game more and get an equal share of the game. In a move that started with the right back Kevin Thompson and was passed up through the midfield the ball reached Jordan Allen who beat the offside trap to slot the ball home passed the keeper. At half time Harwood were leading by the slender 1 - 0 margin. The second half saw Harwood come out fighting and Scott Noon soon doubled the score and then five minutes later he was one on one with the keeper beating him to make it 3-0. The Brewers battled back and after a break down the left wing managed to pull a goal back. With ten minutes to go Kevin Thompson got on the end of a Brewers clearance and from twenty five yards out hammered home Harwoods fourth. With an all round superb team effort it was difficult to choose one man of the match if not the whole team then the two that stood out slightly more than the rest were Scott Noon and Elliot Hall.



v Ossy Refugees


The Senior team were at home to Ossy Refugees, Harwood took the lead through a Scott Noon goal early on. Ossy fought back and pulled back a well deserved equaliser. Then the Harwood defence gifted Ossy their second goal. Shortly before half time Harwood equalised through a second from Scott Noon. In the second half it was end to end and Harwood lost their keeper through injury. Scott Noon then got his hat trick for the second week in a row to put Harwood in the lead. He then went on to score again making it 4-2 to Harwood. In the last few minutes of the game Elliott Hall was brought down in the box, with Jordan Marsden putting the penalty away to make the final score a flattering 5-2. With Philip Rushton getting man of the match.



v Helmshore

The senior team were away to Helmshore, Scott Noon scored two before the half time break. The Harwood defence was asleep as the second half got underway as Helmshore pulled a goal back.Philip Rushton got two goals and set up man of the match Scott Noon for his hat trick. Jordan Allen game off the bench to make it six, with Helmshore grabbing a late consolation goal final score 6-2


v Clayton le Moors.


It looked like it was going to be one of those games, Harwood had most of the possession hitting the upright and the post, the Clayton keeper stopping everything that was fired at him.Clayton looked dangerous on the break but were contained by the Harwood Defence leaving the keeper with little too do. At half time it was still 0 - 0. Just after the break Harwood grabbed a goal when the keeper parried away a shot straight to the feet of Philip Rushton who tapped it in from six yards.Two Minutes later Jordan Marsden made it two slotting past the out stretched keeper. Daniel Norris came off the bench ten minutes into the second half to score a thirty yard shot into the top corner with his first touch of the game to get  the third. Clayton still had chances in the second half hitting the upright and forcing a couple of saves from keeper Jonathan Rushton. Danny Smith headed home the fourth from a cross from Scott Noon. Man of the Match. Jordan Marsden added a fifth with an almost identical goal to his first. Liam Noon also came off the bench to head home the sixth at the back post from a Danny Smith cross. Not to be out done the third substitute Nathan Marsden grabbed a late goal to make it seven when it bobbled through the keepers hands. It was certainly a game of two halves with some inspired substitutions. Final score 7-0