Under 11s Sunday 

Sunday 18th March 08 @ John st, Bromley Cross K.O. 2.00pm.
Bromley Cross   v    Great Harwood Rovers
Last game of the season for Gt Harwood, but still a must win to secure 3rd place. And they delivered in style with one of the best performances of the season so far. Outclassing Bromley in every department Gt harwood started in the first 5 mins with a good goal from Reagan Bolton smashing the ball home, then against the run of play Bromley equalised with a flukey long distance shot 1-1, Bradley Allen restored the lead with a 20 yarder taking us to half-time 1-2 up. Second half it was all Gt Harwood some of passing and inter link play was the best i've seen in a long while, Reagan Bolton exended Harwoods lead with a poachers into the roof of the net,3-1. Bolton then went on to score his hat-trick with a well placed strike right into the corner,4-1. With Bradley Allen and MOTM Jordan Edmondson running the game in the centre of midfield there was no stopping Harwood. Bromley were penned in thier own half for the rest of the game, The 5th goal was scored by Karl Sutton smahing the ball from just outside the box the keeper didn't move, the final goal came from good skill by Arron Phillipson 1st shot with left foot blocked and then he cracked it with his right foot into the bottom corner.
Hell of a game, Hell of a season, well done Lads!
Final Score Bromley Cross 1   Great Harwood Rovers  6
Man of the Match Jordan Edmondson

Sunday 9th March 08 Quarter- Finals Home @ Linden House Playing Fields.

K.O. 11.00am Great Harwood Rovers   v   Huncoat Utd
Gt Harwood started the brighter of the two teams passing it about well on a muddy surface, but it was Huncoat who broke the deadlock with a fluffed shot that looped over the keeper, not upset by the scoreline Harwood went about there business passing well again and a few chances went begging, again it was huncoat scoring sending a through ball and there striker was to quick to poke the ball home, Half-Time. 0-2.Second Half Gt Harwood had a bit of belief in front of goal and it was Reagan Bolton who latched onto a pass and smashed into the roof of the net 1-2, it was all Harwood now, Charlie Feeney coming close , Karl Sutton a golden chance hit straight at the keeper, Then Gt Harwood's second came from a scramble in the box and Raegan Bolton was on hand to poke the ball home 2-2, Gt Harwood were well on top by now and should have gone on to win the game but just could not put the ball in the back of the net, slowly Huncoat got there composure back and we were caught napping, 2 goals in quick succession and an offside which stood finished us off. Gt Harwood was the better team on the day but it is goals that count.Final Score Gt Harwood Rovers 2  Huncoat Utd 5. Man of the Match  Reagan Bolton
Sunday 10th Feb 08 Home @ Linden House Playing Fields
K.O. 11.00am  Great Harwood Rovers  v   Akzo Yellow Jnrs.
Gt Harwood back to there best, but not enough on the day. 1st  v  2nd  was the game of the day and it lived up to its expectations , Gt Harwood Rovers started the brighter of the two teams in the first ten minutes with a couple of chances.
But it was Akzo who slowly got back into the game and were pressing, they had a very strong midfield and were throwing everything at us, but Harwood defended in numbers and dug in, it was just before half time when Akzo scored with a scappy goal, Half time 0-1. Second Half it was all Gt Harwood creating chance after chance, it was a good top off the table clash. Just when Harwood were on top, Akzo broke the offside line with pace, there striker was chopped down in the box, the penalty was poor, but saved well all the same by Jack Hargreaves, Akzo broke free again and this time scored  0-2, Gt Harwood kept plugging away but it was Akzo again on the break scoring offside i thought but the ref gave the goal. 0-3. Gt Harwood were still playing some good football and to be fair never gave up and it payed off , good work down the right by Karl Sutton passed onto Reagan Bolton then onto Charlie Feeney who lobbed the keeper from 20 yards, 1-3. Harwood still had more chances but could not find the net. Final Score Great Harwood Rovers 1  Akzo Yellow Jnrs 3 Man of the Match Jack Hargreaves
Sunday 3rd Feb 2008 Away @ Bolton ave playing Fields K.O. 10.30
Huncoat Utd  v  Great Harwood Rovers
Great Harwood loose there unbeaten run in style.
This was 2nd Gt Harwood Rovers  verses 3rd Huncoat Utd , Gt Harwood Rovers having a 3pt cushion, but it was to be Huncoats day proving to be to strong for totally out of sorts Gt Harwood. Huncoat got the ball rolling with a goal inside 10 mins, Then it was Gt Harwoods turn a penalty was awarded for hand ball which was well struck by Arron Phillipson but sraight at the keeper, unlucky. Then Billy Hargreaves Scored by sending a bending corner straight into the back off the net, Gt Harwood had a few more chances before Bradley Allen lashed a left foot shot into the corner of the net 1-2, Huncoat then hit us on the break twice 3-2 and another before half -time 4-2. Second Half Gt Harwood started the brighter but could not put the ball away, Mom Raegan Bolton ran him self into the ground, Huncoat stepped it up a gear and it was one way traffic from there , to many players looked dis-interested hence the scoreline at the end. lesson learned never give, come on boys were still in this. Final Score Huncaot Utd 8  Gt Harwood Rovers 2 Man of the Match  Raegan Bolton

Sunday 27th Jan 2008 Home @ Lynden House playing fields K.O 11.00am.

Great Harwood Rovers  v   Mellor Yellow Jnrs
Great Harwood go 10 games unbeaten.
The game started with Gt Harwood showing and using their organised shape, slick passing from Ryan Mitchel and Link play with Bradley Allen and Reagan Bolton which created a number of chances. The Mellor  goal keeper saving well on a number of occasions. The first goal came when a cross from the impressive Mason Clayton was sliced into his own net whilst under pressure from the Gt harwood attackers.        Gt Harwood were bossing the game but against run of play they were out muscled and Mellor took full advantage with the equaliser. Again Gt Harwood pushed forward another fine through ball found Karl Sutton who had made an excellent run and he Cooly slipped the ball into the corner of the net 2-1. Then Aaron Philipson picked up the ball on the left, skipped 1 defender then with the management team and parents hoping for a good through ball he skipped another  cut in a little and sent an absolute screamer into the top corner 3-1 (so good it got a well deserved hand shake off his dad) HT 3-1. Second half started with Gt Harwood again pushing forward and causing Mellor lots of problems especially from corners Reagan Bolton got on the end of another through ball and scored no4 Dominic O'Brien scored no 5 following in from a corner, No 6 was the pick of the second half goals Man of the Match Mason Clayton picked the ball up just inside the opposition half on the left and skipped 3 defenders before placing the ball from a tight angle in to the far corner. Mellors heads were down and Gt Harwood were pushing for every opportunity to score but were undone with a breakaway Goal 6-2. No 7 came from another well executed corner with Jack Hargreaves lashing it home, no 8 came after a good strong run from Dominic O'Brien who's cross found Charlie Feeney to calmly nod the ball home. the shape went a little as everyone was trying to get on the score sheet and Mellor made them pay with 2 late goals. Good individual performances all round, 3 games to go boys nearly their. Final Score Gt Harwood Rovers 8   Mellor Yellow Jnrs 4
Man of the Match  Mason Clayton.


Sunday 6th Jan 2008 Home @ Lynden House K.O. 11.00am

Great Harwood Rovers  v  Knuzden Jnrs
With about 6 weeks including christmas since there last game it was going to be tough for Gt Harwood no matter who they played and as it happened they played Knuzden who beat Gt Harwood in the reverse fixture, so the lads said it was pay back time. But it wasn't pretty at times, yet they grinded a result from it.  It was Gt Harwood who should have been at least 3 up inside the first 15 minutes, but Knuzden took a shock lead catching the defence sleeping with ball over the top and good finish from the striker. Gt Harwood were not happy with that and rolled there sleeves up getting in 2 goals in quick time, the first Charlie Feeney was put through by Mason Clayton and he side footed the keeper, the second the ball broke free to Karl Sutton on the right wing who's shot glided right in the corner. In the second half both teams were running out of steam with very few clear cut chances, Gt Harwood seamed to dig in and give an extra 10% , it payed off , Charlie Feeney was chopped down in the box (Penalty),the ref waved play on, Then Karl Sutton broke free of Knuzden's defence and lashed a corker into the top right corner, in the last 5 mins a Knuzden midfielder cracked a shot hitting the wood work and the ref said it crossed the line making it a tight ending, but Gt Harwood passed it about comfortably to see the game to an end. Final Score Gt Harwood Rovers 3  Knuzden Jnrs 2. Man of the Match Ryan Mitchell 


Sunday 25th Nov 07  Away @ Pleckgate  K.O. 11.00am
Akzo Jnrs Green    v     Great Harwood Rovers
This was a must win game for Gt Harwood with Akzo having 2 games in hand on us and only 4pts behind, but boy did they they deliver. In the first 15 minutes you could tell that Gt Harwood were nervous not wanting to make a mistake and lashing out at the ball, but before Gt Harwood could get a grip on the game Akzo sent a through ball to the striker who slotted the ball past the oncoming keeper 0-1. Gt Harwood then woke up and started to pass the ball about, Raegan Bolton and Mason Clayton were working hard down both flanks, Charlie Feeney and Bradley Allen having to scrap for the ball up front, the only shots Harwood had were from long distance from Ryan Mitchell and Akzo didn't get many more chances in the first half.Second Half Gt Harwood were more determined and fired up no-ing full well they were the better side, with keeper Connor Mcnab and a solid back 4 it was only going to be forward for Gt Harwood , Left back Arron Phillipson and right back Billy Hargreaves pinning Akzo in there own half , a scramble up front again and it broke to Billy Hargreaves who smashed the ball an it dipped just under the bar 1 -1 , Gt Harwood were winning all the tackles by now, and the introduction of Right midfielder Karl Sutton payed off against a tired Akzo left back, Sutton broke free and was clipped on his way through, Penalty. Captain Arron Phillipson stepped up to cooly slot the ball home, 1 -2, a bit tense in the last 5 minutes but Gt Harwood holded fast to see the game out, a hard fought win but thoughly deserved, well done lads.
Final Score Akzo Jnrs Green  1    Great Harwood Rovers 2. Man of the Match Connor McNab 


Sunday 18th Nov 07  Home @ Lynden House K.O 11.00am
Great Harwood Rovers  v   Lammack Jnrs
Gt Harwood are now  6 games undefeated and move into 2nd spot, They played a very gutsy bottom of the lge Lammack.
Manager Big Nige shuffled the pack a bit and the team responded well in the cold conditions, especially Bradley Allen who scored a Hat-trick , The 1st was a mistake by the Lammack keeper and Allen pounced, the 2nd a through by Mason Clayton for Allen to hit the back of the net, the 3rd a well struck shot from 15 yards. Then Charlie Feeney picked up a loose ball holded the defender off to slot the 4th goal home, and the 5th goal from Captain Arron Phillipson he went flying down the left wing to slot the ball in the corner of the net.Lewis Pickford was unlucky hitting the post twice, Dominic O'Brien and Jack Hargreaves played very well. Final Score  Great Harwood Rovers  5    Lammack Jnrs  0. Man of the Match  Arron Phillipson.

Sunday 11th Nov 07  Away @ Northcote K.O. 10.45am

Langho Jnrs   V  Great Harwood Rovers U11's 
A game played on a very heavy sticky pitch against a very much improved Langho team. The Game started really well with Charlie Feeney racing clear after 20 seconds and powerfully driving the ball in to the net 1-0, Gt Harwood were playing well using the width and trying to get round the back and likely to increase the lead, however Langho started coming back into the game and their confidence grew. Little niggly injuries were affecting Gt Harwood with Scott Sykes and Kyle Haggan both leaving the field. Langho pressed and were mainly thwarted with last minute defending, although after 23 mins their endeavour payed off when a shot which was almost kept out by a valiant keeper Connor Mcnab but the ball had just crossed the line 1-1. Langho heads were up and Gt Harwood were down and they started to try to run down the middle with the ball not a good tactic on such a heavy pitch HT 1-1. Second half was mainly Langho first to the loose ball, but the Defence of Jack and Billy Hargreaves and Dominic O'Brien were holding firm Connor McNab was alert on 3 occasions to leave his area and clear the ball as last man he also held on well to a number of shots and crosses which in the conditions would of been easy to spill. The Harwood midfield and attack were feeding off crumbs,  but these were dealt with effectively by the Langho defence FT 1-1. In reality Langho should of won the game comfortably on the balance of play but Harwood defended with great resilience and will of learnt from this game. Final Score Langho Jnrs  1   Gt Harwood Rovers  1 Man of the Match  Billy Hargreaves


Sunday 28th Oct 07 Away @ Queen Eliz Gram School K.O. 12.00pm
Lammack Jnrs   v    Great Harwood Rovers  U11's
Great Harwood Rovers totally dominated this fixture from start to finish against Lammack.  Team play was a major part in the result and it showed with 11 players getting on the score sheet. 1st Scott Sykes with a cross/shot. 2nd Charlie Feeney with a poachers goal. 3rd Billy Hargreaves with cross/shot. 4th Reagan Bolton one on one with keeper side footed into the net. 5th Jack Hargreaves cracking header from a corner. 6th Arron Phillipson hit with outside of boot, went in off the post and that took us to half time. It would have been easy for GHR to loose their shape and play anywere but they didn't and the goals just kept flying in. Second Half again no let up from GHR, 7th goal scored by Domonic O'Brien a header direct from a corner. 8th and the goal off the game, a through ball by Man of the match Kyle Haggan and Bradley Allen hit first time from 15 yards and it flew in the top left corner. The 9th a drilled shot by Mason Clayton. 10th Ryan Mitchell with a tap in. 11th Karl Sutton following in from a free kick. 12th Mason Clayton getting his 2nd goal, well struck in the corner.
Final Score  Lammack Jnrs  0  Great Harwood Rovers 12. Man of the Match Kyle Haggan.


Sunday 14th Oct 07 Home @ Lynden House K.O. 11.00am
Great Harwood Rovers   vs.    Langho Jnrs  U11's
GHR recorded there 4th straight win of the season and are pushing 2nd and 1st place every week. GHR started the goal rush from captain Arron Phillipson, a good shot which the keeper could not handle, the 2nd was a cross come shot from Kyle Haggan and the keeper fumbled it, that was in the 1st 5 minutes, Then Langho managed to make the game all square with 2 goals, running right through midfield with no challenges what so ever, That forced the manager into changes with the introduction of Jordan Edmondson steadying the ship, Just before Half-time Bradley allen's shot hit a defender and fell to Reagan Bolton and with his back towards goal he turned and shot in one move, goal. In the 2nd Half GHR turned on the football we all know they can play, Arron Phillipson had to be switched from left back to left midfield due to injury and what an impact he cracked a shot from 25 yards into the top left corner of the net. GHR hadn't finished with the good goals, a clearance from the back bounced over Langho's defence and Karl Sutton hit a volley into the roof of the net, then up stepped Ryan Mitchell, a loose ball in midfield and Ryan hit a 20 yard shot with his left foot into the net, Langho still managed a consolation goal but the game belonged to Harwood. Final Score Great Harwood Rovers  6   Langho Jnrs 3. Man of the Match  Domonic O'Brien ( Bruiser ) 
Sunday 7th Oct 07 Home @ Lynden House K.O. 11.00am
Great Harwood Rovers   v    Bromley Cross U11's
GHR totally overpowered a larger Bromley team, in a game they were expected to win. The 1st chance came from striker Raegan Bolton who forced his way past Bromley's left back to cooly slide the ball past the oncoming keeper, The 2nd goal which was the best of the game came from Man of the Match Billy Hargreaves who sent in another cracking corner and Raegan Bolton hit it 1st time on the volley into the roof of the net. Bromley then tried to bully there way into the game and offered nothing in the way of football, Half Time. The 2nd Half was much the same even with the introduction of GHR sub's the side never weakend, Charlie Feeney went bustling into the box and the Bromley defender fouled him, Ref pointed to the spot and up stepped Ryan Mitchell and smashed it into the left side of the net.GHR were not finished a free kick by Ryan Mitchell hit the cross bar, Kyle Haggan, Scott Sykes went close and new signing Mason Clayton also nearly scored, The 4th goal was well taken by Top Scorer Charlie Feeney who broke free of the offside trap and lobbed the oncoming keeper. Jorden Edmondson and Billy Hargreaves were very solid all the game. Keep it going Lads, well done. Final Score Great Harwood Rovers 4   Bromley Cross  0. Man of the Match  Billy Hargreaves

Sunday 30th Sept 07 Away @ Whinney Lane K.O. 11.00 am

Mellor Jnrs Yellow    v   Great Harwood Rovers  U11's
The scoreline does not do justice to GHR dominance in the game. It started with GHR kicking down the slope, probing down both flanks resulting in the final ball mainly running through to the keeper or being cleared. Mellor, on a rare foray, had a shot which rebounded off the post. The first goal arrived after good interlink play down the left between Arron Phillipson and Kyle Haggan. Kyle's cross seemed to hit Charlie Feeney and end up in the net. At the back all Mellor's efforts were snubbed out by the impressive Scott Sykes and M.O.M. Dominic O'Brien. The second goal came after another good run/cross/shot from Kyle Haggan. It came back off the post and there was Charlie Feeney, in the right place to fire the ball home 0-2 HT. The second half started with Mellor pressing and for some unexplained reason, GHR heads were dropping. Good defending and goal keeping from Connor McNab who saved smothered on three occasions, kept the score at 0-2. A clearance from Dominic O'Brien found Jack Hargreaves who shot over the keeper for no.3. Karl Sutton went on one of his usual bustling runs forcing the keeper to save well. No 4 came from Captain Marvel Arron Phillipson who had moved into midfield. He picked up the ball and there was never a pass in his mind. He took on the defender and unleashed a fierce drive which the keeper almost saved - but it had too much power and went in 4-0. Rovers had numerous corners during the game which were expertly delivered by Billy Hargreaves and we should have converted some of these. Overall a good result but we need to learn never to let our heads down. Final Score Mellor Jnrs Yellow  0   Great Harwood Rovers 4. Man of the Match  Domonic O'Brien

Sunday 23rd Sept 07 Home @ Lynden House K.O. 11.00am

Great Harwood Rovers  v   Huncoat Utd  U11's
Gt Harwood brushed aside Huncoat Utd in a well matched contest, And with the performances over the last 3 matches it was over due. GHR started with a great run down the right by Karl Sutton he cut the ball inside to Charlie Feeney he hit it on the run in the bottom corner of the net 1 - 0,  3 or 4 chances went begging for both teams GHR defending  the better, Noteably Domonic O'Brien and Billy Hargreaves. In the 2nd half GHR were playing very good passing football and forward play,The GHR's front were exellent all the game, Huncoat could not cope, The 2nd goal was a bit scappy in the box but up stepped Midfielder Jack Hargreaves picking up the loose ball and side footing it in the net 2 - 0 , more chances went begging for GHR, but it was Huncoat who came back at GHR with a goal 20 minutes from time making the game a bit tence  2 - 1 , GHR rode the storm for the next 5 min , Connor McNab pulling off a finger tip save round the post. Then up from Left Back Captain Arron Phillipson went on one of those bumbling, stumbling runs he does , he managed to get in the box and cracked a left foot shot off the inside of the post, good goal and good night Huncoat. Final Score Great Harwood Rovers 3    Huncoat Utd 1. Man of the Match  Domonic O'Brien.  AKA Bruiser

Sunday 16th Sept 2007 Away @ Everton K. O. 10.30am

Akzo Jnrs Yellow    v    Great Harwood Rovers  U 11's
Great Harwood Rovers will be asking themselves what have to do to win a game this season so far , GHR came up against top of the lge Akzo Yellow and in the first half bossed the game in every department, Good work from striker Bradley Allen down the left, crossed the ball in, which evaded both players apart from Karl sutton knocking the ball in the net off his knee 1 -0 , more good work on the wings by Kyle Haggan he hit an early ball in, there was a scamble in the box, out popped the ball to midfielder Ryan Mitchell who smashed the ball left footed in the corner 2 - 0 . The Second half GHR started the brighter again, good defending by new boy Scott Sykes sent the ball to Chaz Feeney who fed Bradley Allen through to score the third 3 -0, more chances went begging for GHR , then it was Akzo starting to ask all the questions a scrambled goal was the result 3 -1 and GHR were starting to put there heads down, Free kick and Akzo smashed the ball in the top corner, not a thing GHR keeper could do about it 3 -2 , GHR heads went further down, another scambled goal for Akzo 3 - 3, GHR started arguing , but started pushing forward for the winner , then Akzo hit us on the break and scored the 4th, GHR were there own worst enemy in a game they should have won easily, hopefully they will learn from there mistakes.Final Score Akzo Jnrs Yellow 4   Great Harwood Rovers 3. Man of the Match  Arron Phillipson


Sunday 9th Sept 2007 Away @ Pleckgate K.O. 12.30pm
Knuzden Jnrs    v   Great Harwood Rovers U11's
A poor performance from Gt Harwood on a equally poor pitch, Gt Harwood were on the back foot in the first minute with a goal by Knuzden , This woke Gt Harwood up and they responded with a well taken goal by Charlie Feeney, Just before half time good work by Kyle Haggan down the left hand side a neat ball cut inside to Bradley Allen who hit a shot in the corner of the net 2 - 0. Second half Gt Harwood should have gone further in front but could not find the net, Knuzden made us pay and grabbed the equaliser, just when it looked like a draw Knuzden scored again from sloppy defending by Gt Harwood. Keeper Connor Mcnab was exellent in the goals.
Final Score Knuzden Jnrs 3   Great Harwood Rovers 2
Man of the Match  Kyle Haggan

Sunday 2nd Sept 07 Home @ Lynden House Playing Fields

Great Harwood Rovers   v    Akzo Green  U11's
A very keenly fought contest with Gt Harwood eventually getting something out of the game which their performance thoroughly deserved. The game began with end to end action mainly being halted by offsides with both teams playing good defencive lines, the deadlock was broken when Kyle Haggan broke down the left crossed the ball and Charlie Feeney was on hand to scramble in his first league goal for the club 1-0. Akzo equalised with a well taken goal after a ricochet bounced kindly for them 1-1. Gt Harwood re- took the lead with a in-swinging corner from Aaron Philipson which evaded everyone and went straight past the keeper, his dad said he meant it and by the cheeky grin on his face it was very believable 2-1. Akzo equalised again when they sprung the Gt Harwood defencive line and again a good finish made the score 2-2. Second half it was anybody's game, good play again from Akzo again ended with the ball in the Gt Harwood nett 2-3, definately offside but you cant get them all right, now was the real test were Gt Harwood's heads going to go down and they get beat heavily NOT A CHANCE every player stuck into the challenges and battled for the ball their were good appeals for penalties turned down at both ends and a stunning save from Connor McNab in the Gt Harwood goal from a free kick hit with real power Connor not only managed to just reach it , but caught it as well in the wet tricky conditions. This kept Gt Harwood in it , this was the spur they needed and in the dying seconds Aaron Philipson went on one of his maisie runs down the left and shot across the keeper giving him no chance and the ball nestled in the bottom corner 3-3 , no more time for further action and Gt Harwood had deservedly got a point out of the game.
So many good performances everyone in the team deserves a mention the shape of the team proves they are listening and taking in the info from training well done boys. Man of the Match  Kyle Haggan